Table of Contents
Meditation is when you connect with your Higher Self (soul) and your Spirit team intentionally by entering a “witness” state of mind. When you meditate, you mentally leave the physical world and connect with yourself and your purpose. MEDITATION is not just for relaxation; its primary purpose is to develop the capacity to respond skillfully and gracefully to life’s difficulties as well as its joys.)
One-Minute Mindfulness Meditation
- Clear your mind and learn how to relax with these one-minute mindfulness meditation techniques!
- Preparation: Go to a quiet space. Set your timer for 1 minute and 20 seconds. (You may need the extra 2o seconds to get ready) Sit in a comfortable position. Please close your eyes or open them, focused on one spot.
- Gratitude Meditation – inhale through your nose and exhale through your mouth. Count 1-2-3 as you breathe in and 1-2-3 as you breathe out. Feel yourself relax as you continue breathing. O Think of the things that you are most grateful for. Chase away the negative thoughts. Anchor on your Breathing as you continue to build a positive energy
- Mindful Breathing – inhale through your nose and exhale through your mouth. Count 1-2-3 as you breathe in and 1-2-3 as you breathe out Feel how the breathing pattern affects your body and your thoughts, Chase away the distractions that crowd in (ex, the wind blowing on your face, phone ringing, dogs barking) Meditation Focus on Your Breathing. Thoughts naturally appear but don’t drift away. Anchor your attention on your breathing pattern.
Types of Meditation
LOVING-KINDNESS MEDITATION most prominent meditation styles, this type allows you to focus your energy to feel the warmth of love, kindness, and other positive feelings
ZEN MEDITATION Zen meditation is the practice of preparing your body and mind to be calm to open yourself up to exploring the nature of your being.
MINDFULNESS MEDITATION This kind of meditation trains you to focus on what you are thinking or feeling at the moment. You can concentrate on your thoughts, feelings, or sensations.
TRANSCENDENTAL MEDITATION This meditation technique promotes a state of relaxation by helping you avoid distracting thoughts and feelings.
KUNDALINI YOG The goal of Kundalini Is to increase a person’s consciousness. This practice is a mixture of physical and spiritual Meditation, using a combination of dynamic.
SPIRITUAL MEDITATION This type of Meditation allows your inner self to connect to something more profound than your being. It lets you reflect on your dealings until you become fully aware of your spiritual being.
THE BENEFITS OF MEDITATION
- Lowers blood pressure
- Strengthens the immune system
- Helps in regulating metabolism
- Decreases inflammation
- Grows “good” brain areas
- Regulates hormones
- Increases self-control ability
- Increases ability to pay attention
- Makes you happier
- Reduces symptoms of anxiety and depression
- Improves your memory
- Increases creativity
Also Read: Makeup for Oily and Acne-Prone Skin!