Table of Contents
Working out is the act of physical fitness and exercise that tests your ability, capacity, sustainability, stamina, and endurance.
People workout to lose weight or to gain muscle strength and fitness.
The act of losing weight means losing more calories than your daily consumption. Meaning if you need 1500 calories in order to maintain your normal weight then you need to consume less than this. That is probably taking 1300 calories in the diet and burning 300 calories during workouts.
Obviously one should start with 2 days a week and then take it to 4 or 5 depending on their capacity and commitment.
The workout is a series of combination of-
- Strength training
- Core work
Benefits of working out-
- Helps improve your mood and mental health
- Reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases
- Increases ability to think and promotes better judgment skills
- Helps you quit smoking
- Promotes better sleep
- Improves sexual health
- Helps you live longer.
- Increases energy levels.
- Leads to muscle strength and growth.
- Helps to control weight
Workout plan –
- Build your goals: Write down your goals that why you wish to start working out. Is it to get into shape? Is it to get stamina? or to run a 5k? Or is it to gain muscle strength? Always be aware of why you wish to start working out because these will only help you start a workout plan
- Time devotion: Now in order to workout one needs to decide how much time they can devote to that. Whether it is 1hr a day or 2hrs a day. Also one should decide what time they can work out or what suits them best. For example, most people like to workout first thing in the morning.
- A place to workout: Now, one should decide where to workout. Places to workout can be a gym, at-home workout, or in a park. Do remember that your environment is very crucial as it will motivate you to workout.
- Exercises: Now obviously foremost is to decide which exercises should one do in order to make a workout plan. As mentioned above there is strength training and cardiovascular exercises. Now if one wishes to lose weight then they should do more of cardiovascular exercises and less of strength training.Whereas for building muscles- more strength training and less cardio. One should workout 5 days a week with 2 days of rest.
- Reps: now one has decided what all exercises they wish to do however they should decide the sets and reps. Try on a beginner level and keep increasing the reps each week by 5.For example, you are doing 3 sets of 5 pushups. After few weeks you can start doing 5 reps of 5 pushups each.
- Keep a track of everything. Try joining a trainer or look on the internet for complete workout plans and try to modify them according to your needs.
Remember to not push yourself that much. Exercise only enough that you can really commit to it. All the best folks!