Working out is the act of physical fitness and exercise that tests your ability, capacity, sustainability, stamina, and endurance.
People workout to lose weight or to gain muscle strength and fitness.
The act of losing weight means losing more calories than your daily consumption. Meaning if you need 1500 calories in order to maintain your normal weight then you need to consume less than this. That is probably taking 1300 calories in the diet and burning 300 calories during the workout.
Obviously one should start with 2 days a week and then take it to 4 or 5 depending on their capacity and commitment.
The workout is a series combination of
- Strength training
- Core work
Benefits of working out
- Helps improve your mood and mental health
- Reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases
- Increases the ability to think and promotes better judgment skills
- Helps you quit smoking
- Promotes better sleep
- Improves sexual health
- Helps you live longer.
- Increases energy levels.
- Leads to muscle strength and growth.
- Helps to control weight
Shred workout is a plan curated by Julian Michaels. It is 20 minutes workout plan for 30 days continuously and is said to help you lose 9kgs at the end of the month.
For this, you require 3-5 pounds dumbbells. That is 1.5-2.5kgs. There are 3 different workouts of 20 minutes each which are for 3 levels. You do each level for 10 days.
Beginner: This is for people just starting out that is who have hardly done any sort of workout in their life and are just trying to get fit.
Intermediate: This is for people who have done some sort of workout before or are partially active that is they dance or swim.
Advanced: They are highly active and workout regularly 3-5 days a week.
The shred workout plan-
- Strength- pushups, pull-ups, squats
- Cardio- running, walking
- Abs- crunches, planks
Now, what are the perks? Obviously, it will help you to lose weight. Shred workouts are very great and when mixed with the correct diet they will aid the weight loss very fast.
Demerits of shred workout
- It is a short term plan. If you are not consistent with this kind of workout and stop in between then it might happen that you end up gaining double the amount of weight that you have lost.
- Obviously, it may happen that as the workout is so intense it might not be for everyone and may lead to wear and tear of muscles or cause any injury.
- Lack of nutrition
- Does not focus on overall fitness activity
Now it’s for you to decide. That’s all folks. Remember to not push yourself. Commit to only that much that you can do successfully. All the best!