Working out is the act of physical fitness and exercise that tests your ability, capacity, sustainability, stamina, and endurance.
People workout to lose weight or to gain muscle strength and fitness.
The act of losing weight means losing more calories than your daily consumption. Meaning if you need 1500 calories in order to maintain your normal weight then you need to consume less than this. That is probably taking 1300 calories in the diet and burning 300 calories during the workout.
Obviously one should start with 2 days a week and then take it to 4 or 5 depending on their capacity and commitment.
Related Topic: How many days in a week should you workout?
A workout is a series of combination of-
- Strength training
- Core work
Benefits of working out-
- Helps improve your mood and mental health
- Reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases
- Increases ability to think and promotes better judgment skills
- Helps you quit smoking
- Promotes better sleep
- Improves sexual health
- Helps you live longer.
- Increases energy levels.
- Leads to muscle strength and growth.
- Helps to control weight
After working out it is very important to consume a post-workout meal in order to repair the wear and tear in the muscles and replenish them. A post-workout meal should contain proteins as they help in building and repair of muscles.
Post-workout meals high in protein
- Protein Shake
- Chicken salad
- Chana salad
- Egg whites
Now, how much protein should you consume? It can be 10g, 20g, 40g depending on your workout but it says that 20grams is enough.
Now not just proteins you need other nutrients to help you with post-workout such as carbs and fats for recovery.
If you workout 2-3 hrs or more
- Sandwich or whole-grain bread, lean protein, and a side salad.
- Egg omelet, salad
- Brown rice, lean protein, salad
If you work out within 2hrs
- Milk with protein powder, bananas, and mixed berries
- A cup of oatmeal or corn flakes with berries and other fruits
- Natural almond butter topped in a sandwich with whole-grain bed
If you work out within 1hr
- Greek yogurt
- Some sort of fruit like bananas and apple
- Milk with fruits
That’s all folks. Whatever workout you are doing, remember to not push yourself excessively. Workout as much as your body can handle and as much as you can commit to otherwise it may lead to some sort of wear and tear. Remember to stay motivated and hydrated. All the best!