If you use Instagram, you probably know how addictive the social media app can be.
Whether you’re scrolling through the endless feed of accounts you follow, or meticulously documenting your meals, trips, and random daily events in your own feed, Instagram can take much longer than it does. should not.
Because of this, at some point, you may get to a point where you want to deactivate your account for a while so that you can take a much-needed break.
Fortunately, it is as easy and simple to temporarily deactivate your account, as it is as easy and simple as to reactivate your Instagram account when you are ready to return.
It won’t take more than a few seconds and doesn’t even require difficult steps. So it is all that you should be doing.
How to reactivate your Instagram account
- On your iPhone or Android home screen, find the Instagram icon, and tap it to open the application.
- On the login screen, enter the username and password of the account you want to reactivate.
- Click Login and you will be directed to your feed and your account will be normalized again.
It should be noted that Instagram suggests that users should wait for at least 24 hours after deactivating their Instagram account and then reactivate it, as the deactivation process takes about 24 hours.
Also, you should know that although it is very easy to reactivate a temporarily disabled Instagram account, it is not the case with deleted accounts.
The removal process is permanent and cannot be undone. So if you plan to go back to Instagram, just deactivate your account instead of deleting it entirely.
Reset your Instagram password
If you’re still having trouble and can’t log in, you may need to reset your password first.
Follow these steps to reset your password:
- Open the Instagram app.
- On the login screen, select Forgot password?
- Get a link to reset your password by phone or username. Authenticate with your linked Facebook account, if you have one.
Recover a suspended Instagram account
However, there is an appeals process where you can present your case and wait for leniency. If your account has been banned, please log into Instagram as normal and follow the onscreen instructions that appear during authentication if you wish to appeal.