Hey there! Forgot your Instagram password or planning to enter a more secure password we have got it all covered. Below are a few simple steps to change your password within no time on Instagram.
Instagram is one of the most popular social media platforms in the world. While you are scrolling your feeds and enjoying the app features there may be times when you may forget or decide to change your password for several reasons whatsoever. Before we dive into the steps of changing your Instagram password below are some basic password etiquette that one should follow:
- Have a unique password for every platform
- Have at least 8 characters
- Your password should be a combination of upper and lowercase letters with special characters.
- It is advisable to change your password every 6 months
Change password on Mobile
- Head on to your Instagram app
- Open your profile page
- Tap the hamburger menu icon on the right
- Tap Setting and go to security
- In the security section, tap Password
- Enter your current password and then type your new password twice
- Last and the important step – tap save.
Change password on Desktop
- Go to the Instagram website in a web browser
- Open your profile
- Tap on the setting icon
- You will get a pop up on your screen, click on change password
- Enter your current password and then confirm the new password twice
- Click the change password button and get going!
Reset Instagram password
This route helps you to recover your password if you have forgotten it.
- Open the Instagram App
- Click on “forgotten password”
- The next step can be done in two ways –
- either you enter your registered number and the get OTP to recover your password
- Or type your username and get the recovery link on your registered email id.