Instagram Direct is a private messaging tool that allows users to exchange text messages, photos, videos, stories, locations, etc. It is similar to Facebook Messenger.
Many people regularly use Instagram Direct to connect with other people and share important information.
Brands and companies use it, for example, to connect with their customers, answer their questions about products and services, take online orders, exchange product information, and much more.
If you are an Instagram user and use their messaging feature, chances are that you may accidentally delete your important Instagram messages and you will regret doing that later.
In that case, don’t worry!
These are the four fastest and easiest methods that you can use to learn how to get back your deleted Instagram messages.
Methods to recover your deleted Instagram messages
Method 1: receive Instagram messages from other users
When you delete messages on Instagram, you have just deleted the chat on your side and they will continue to be available on the side of the other user you sent the messages to.
One of the easiest ways to recover deleted messages is to ask the other person to share the chats and messages with you if they haven’t deleted them yet.
Method 2: recover Instagram messages by linking your Facebook account
If you don’t want to try the above method, or if you can’t get the messages from the other person, you can try this method.
This method works once you have linked your Facebook and Instagram accounts. Then you can go to your Facebook inbox to easily manage your Instagram messages.
To do this, follow the steps below:
- Open Facebook in your browser and log into your account linked to your Instagram account.
- Then go to your Facebook inbox.
- In the left menu, tap the Instagram Direct icon to open your Instagram messages.
Method 3: recover Instagram conversations using Instagram data
Don’t worry if you haven’t linked your Facebook account to Instagram or you don’t have a Facebook account anymore. You can try another method to get back your deleted messages through Instagram data.
When you have deleted the Instagram messages, they will no longer be available on your device, but on the Instagram server.
And the best part is that you can access and download the data that you shared on Instagram like Instagram direct messages, photos, videos, and much more. Let us see how you can do this:
- Open the Instagram website on your PC and log into your account with your username and password.
- Click on the Profile icon in the upper right corner of the web page.
- Click on “Settings” and select “Privacy and Security” from the window that has just opened.
- Go down the page and select the “Download data” option. At this point, you should verify that you are trying to download your data. So log back into your account.
- Then enter your email id to receive a link from Instagram. You can use this link to download your messages, photos, videos, and more.
- Click “Next” and enter your Instagram password. Click on “Request Download”.
- Now, within 48 hours, you will receive an email from Instagram with the subject “Your Instagram data”.
- Open the received email and click on the “Download data” button. All the data you have on Instagram will be downloaded in a ZIP file.
- You can extract and open the file to find your Instagram posts. If you open it, you will be able to recover your deleted messages.